Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Update of events

It has been almost a month since i have gotten back here to the blog, it seems time slips away so fast and the weeks just fly by. A number of events have unfolded in the past month, I was able to help Aunt Jean move into her new condominium in Cambridge. It was strange to go out to her home is ospringe where she has lived for almost 18 years. I think back when Jean and Larry lived at 40 Hickson St in toronto, it still amazes me to this day how they were able to raise 4 girls in that house and not kill each other, there was a time long ago that I also was living with them as my mother and father were having some issues they needed to work out and it was just easier i guess if i stayed with Aunt Jean and Uncle Larry. Not really sure why or how long i stayed there, i just remember a brief stay, and going to school across the street, what a bummer that was to have the school right across the street from your home, you had no excuse for being late. I was very happy when they moved out of Hickson and finally got a home that they could enjoy and have some room to breathe. But as i said the weeks go into months and the years fly by, it seems before you know it your leaving your dream home to start downsizing and getting something that is more suitable and manageable for your lifestyle. With uncle Larry's passing i am sure the home was getting a little hard to handle. I know Joan had often talked about Jean coming to live with her in milton, but that never seemed to unfold. So Jean says good bye to the home in the country and heads for the city. Debbie, Marlyn, Rusty my son, and myself get her all moved into her new place and started on another chapter of her life, I know it is a good move for her and i think she will find alot of comfort in having more friends around her in her new place.

Its funny how this is unfolding for Aunt Jean and she is starting a new chapter in her life, Debbie begins to tell me that her son Michael and his wife, Steph are expecting a child, she has gone into labour and Debbie is a mess, actually she was pretty good, but then again its her second grandchild so she is an ole pro at this stuff now. Hopefully she can give me some lessons when my time comes... not that i am hoping for grand kids anytime soon...

I recieved a message from debbie that night that it was a baby boy and Michael and Steph named him Benjamin Michael Toms, hopefully debbie will send me some pictures so i can post them here for the family to see... I think we need pictures in here...and i hope to get some up as soon as i figure this blog out....... I also need more comments and input from the family members... so you get busy too and update everyone with what is going on in your life.....

No comments: